About Us News

Know India Programme

Posted on: July 05, 2022 | Back | Print

High Commission of India


            Applications are invited from the youth (aged between 18-30 years) of Indian origin (youth holding Indian passports are not eligible) in Ghana for the 60th, 61st & 62nd Know India Programmes (KIP) which are being organised by the Ministry of External Affairs(MEA), between August to November 2022. 

2. Know India Programme (KEP) is a flagship programme of MEA to engage the Indian origin youth and connect them to India with a view to promote awareness on different facets of life in India and the progress made by the country in various fields e.g. economic, industrial, education, science & technology, communication & information Technology, culture. It provides a unique opportunity to the students & young professionals of Indian origin to visit India, share their views, expectations & experiences and to develop closer bonds with the contemporary India.

3. It is a 21 days (excluding international travel) programme where the participants will visit Delhi, Agra and a select state in India alongwith visits to places of historical, cultural, religious significance. KIP participants will also have a 2-day orientation programme in New Delhi. The participants are extended complete hospitality during their stay in India, and MEA bears 90% of the cost of international airfare. The remaining 10% is borne by the selected candidate.  Gratis visa shall be granted to participants by the High Commission.

4. Minimum qualification required for participating in KIP is graduation from a recognized University /Institute or enrolled for graduation and ability to speak in English. The applicant should not have visited India through any previous Programme of Government of India. Those who have not visited India before will be given preference. Applicant must provide documentary evidence to prove Indian origin or an undertaking about Indian origin which must be countersigned by the Indian High Commission.

5. The guidelines of the KIP are available at www.kip.gov.in.

6. The interested applicants from Ghana may register themselves on the KIP portal at http://kip.gov.in/home/register and after registration also ensure to send the details to the High Commission at info.accra@mea.gov.in. The last date for registration for 60th KIP is 19th July, for 61st KIP is 19th August and for 62nd KIP is 23rd September 2022.